Homeopathy has a wide application, from acute to chronic illnesses.
It is now the second most widely used medicinal approach in the world.
Homeopathy was developed by the German physician named Samuel Hahnemann during the late 18th century and is widely accepted as a valid treatment throughout the world. He formed his theory “like treats like”, or the Law of Similars, which states that when a substance in large doses causes certain symptoms, in small doses it can cure the same symptoms.
The first known use of homeopathic-like treatment was by Hippocrates in Ancient Greece, known as the “father of medicine”. He discovered that the best way to treat recurring vomiting was with a diluted emetic. In 2000, homeopathy was recognized by the House of Lords Select Committee on Science and Technology as one of the five ‘Group One’ therapies, having an individual diagnostic approach.
How does homeopathy work?
In much the same way that conventional medicine treats allergies with allergens, homeopathy is based on the theory of “like treats like”.
A minutely diluted natural substance is prescribed which, if it were given in a full dose, would most likely cause the symptom being treated. This dilution is often in the millionths of a fraction, so there are no potential ill-effects. It is completely safe, even for children, pregnant women and sensitive patients.
Benefits of homeopathy
- Homeopathy is extremely effective: when taking the correct remedy, the results can be rapid and permanent.
- Homeopathy is completely safe: remedies can be taken alongside other medications without producing side effects.
- Homeopathy is natural: remedies are based on natural ingredients.
- Homeopathy works in harmony with your body: it supports and boosts your immune system, rather than working against it, making the longer-term prognosis more effective.
- Homeopathic remedies are not addictive: patients typically stop taking the remedies once the symptoms are relieved.
- Homeopathy is holistic: it treats all the symptoms as one, which in practical terms means that it addresses the cause, not the symptoms. This often means that symptoms tackled with homeopathy are far less likely to recur.